Monday, January 5, 2009

Welcome!

Let me introduce myself. My name is Tracy and I am 37 years old, married, no children (guess why). Anyway, I decided to start this blog for a couple of reasons. I am scheduled for my second myomectomy on January 27th, 2009. My first one was in 2002. At the time I was married to my first husband and we actually divorced shortly thereafter. So I never attempted to try and have children post-op because that would have been well...stupid. So now I am remarried and starting at square one. I have a multifibroid uterus that has been measuring as a 16-week pregnancy for some time now. I am in constant pain, anemic, a slave to what I eat, etc. If you know anything about this condition, you get the picture.

With this blog I hope to provide support for others going through the same thing. I am also hoping that by putting my feelings into words I can ease my anxiety because frankly I AM SCARED OUT OF MY MIND. Even though I have had the surgery before, it is still a big deal for me.

So the journey begins...a couple of notes about the blog:

1. I am sarcastic...it's just how I am.
2. I will not hold back saying anything even if it is graphic. (i.e. you will see the word uterus...many many times)
3. Your feedback is welcome and greatly appreciated.

That's about it for now. I will actually post later on tonight. Right now I am going to go try and eat something for dinner that will not make me expand like a hot air balloon.

1 comment:

  1. Take heart - my mom had horrible fibroids, then surgery, then me! Remember that anxiety is healthy as long as you work through it. So, keep working and I'll keep sending prayers and best wishes from Texas.

    Love and support,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete