Monday, January 5, 2009

There Will Be Blood

So today I finally made my two appointments to bank my own blood for the surgery. I have to go in this Thursday and next Thursday. They gave me a firm warning that if my iron is too low, I won't be able to donate to myself. Needless to say I am all over that daily iron pill now. The last time I checked, my iron saturation percent was 9...which is really low. So I should be taking it anyway. Just another thing to add to the list.

As I posted before, I am very scared about the surgery. But along with the fright comes a sense of relief. I have been feeling bad for a very long time. Also I will finally be able to get on track with some other things that I want to do...and I can honestly say that even though it will be painful, I am happy to have a "forced break"...toss the Blackberry/"work shackle" aside... Staying in bed for a few weeks will be nice. I will be able to watch all of the bad Lifetime movies I want!

Every dark cloud has a silver lining.

1 comment:

  1. If you haven't already, subscribe to Netflix and create a healthy que of movies and/or TV shoes you want to watch. It'll help the time go by after surgery (I haven't had the procedure you have had, but have had multiple surgeries in my lifetime).

    ReplyDelete