Sunday, February 22, 2009

Moving Right Along...

Surgery Talk: In a few days it will be a month since the surgery. Today I went for a short walk and it was truly amazing. Other than the pain from the incision, I felt great! It feels like a huge bowling ball that I have been carrying around for 10+ years has been removed from my abdomen. I feel lighter on my feet and everything is shifting down to where it's supposed to be. I don't have heartburn anymore, my metabolism is speeding up, and I have energy!!! These are all good things! Other than weight I have gained through the years, I feel like I did in high school. I know that I will never get back to that physiologically speaking, but I think that I can get close...actually I know it. Bottom line: I should have had the hysterectomy years ago...but I did not know that because in previous years I thought that I would be able to have children if I just got rid of the tumors. The truth of the matter is that the tumors wreaked too much havoc and too much damage was done. So, I am at peace with that and excited for what I am physically capable of now that I am rid of them.

In other news...well, there isn't much other news. I realize that I need to start posting some pictures to make this blog interesting. I am starting Weight Watchers again in a few weeks, so maybe I will start posting about that as well. I have been on WW before with great results. Now is the perfect time to start again since I will be able to do a lot of things that I could not do before as far as exercise is concerned.

I have two more weeks before I go back to work. It's amazing the perspective that can be gained by going through something like major surgery. My outlook on work and my career has completely changed. I just hope that when I do get back to the office, I can maintain my new promise to myself. I tend to get really stressed at work and I have decided that I am just done with that...done with getting upset. Life is too short. So we'll see how it goes.

Anyway, that's all for now. Oh - I just watched the Oscars and I am very happy for everyone involved in Slumdog Millionaire. I am also happy for Kate Winslet. The show itself was weird in my opinion...Hollywood amazes me with their need to award themselves and pat each other on the back on a yearly schedule. Entertainment is important, but you would think that some of these actors are curing cancer or something. I guess that I should leave it at that considering that almost my entire existence has been funded by my father's career in television...my stepmom's career in several types of media...my stint at CBS....my husband's work at Fox in Los Angeles & now the NBC affiliate here in Denver. Actually if I add it all together, only 8 years of my life have not been supported by work in the industry either entirely or partially in some way, shape or form. Weird.

Where are the IT awards???!!! Maybe I should start that? I wonder if I could get a TV or cable network to carry it...

No comments:

Post a Comment